Fly from Genova and carry the pesto in your hand luggage, even if the jar exceeds 100 ml. You just have to collect a sticker to be placed on the jar, donating 50 cents in order to help a child suffering from a severe pathology to fly towards a hospital capable to heal him/her. This is a venture organized by Aeroporto di Genova and ASCOM to support Flying Angels Onlus Foundation.
The initiative, fostered by Aeroporto di Genova and Ascom Confcommercio, is the first of its kind. All the passengers are allowed to carry one or more pesto jars in their hand baggage in exchange of a small donation in support of Flying Angels Onlus. The rules for enjoying this service are very simple::
- All the departing passengers are allowed to have one500 grams maximum pesto jar or two jars of maximum 250 grams each (maximum diameter 15 centimeters and maximum height 20 centimeters)
- In order to pass the security checks, each jar will have to have a “Il pesto è buono” sticker, acquirable through a minimum 50 cents donation either at the shop or at the airport’s ticket office placed on it (all the donations will be entirely devolved to Flying Angels Onlus)
- At the security checks, the passenger will have to extract the jars from the luggage and place them aside in the bowl, informing the security staff
- The jars will be checked and then returned to the passenger
- WARNING: this procedure is only valid for the direct flights departing from Genova’s Airport. In case of indirect flights, the passengers are asked to place the jars in the hold luggage. This process is only valid for jars containing “pesto genovese”